Responsible for the daily activities related to the installation and reconfigure of systems furniture including but not limited to: Herman Miller, Steelcase, Allsteel/Hon, Haworth, Maxon, AIS, Friant and Teknion. Duties include: delivery, assembly, installation, repair and service of office furniture case-goods and ancillary furniture. Assists in training and provides work direction to furniture delivery, installation and repair team. Responsible for small and large office moves and relocation services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides supervision, work direction and training to furniture installers to ensure proper installation in a timely manner.
- Follows estimated man hours projected to complete installations per the customers time frame.
- Must be qualified in reading installation blueprints/space plans, and capable of field measuring a worksite in preparation for installation.
- Identifies any aisle spacing problems. Knowledgable in local building spacing codes and fire marshall codes.
- Understands systems furniture electrical requirements and identify on space plans.
- Ensures all furniture has proper placement, leveling and touch-up at customer’s location.
- Experience in using hand and electrical tools to assemble furniture
- Conducts punch list walk-throughs with appropriate personnel.
- Conducts final cleaning and uses proper materials for wood products, glass, laminate, panels.
- Removal of all trash and wrapping materials
Product Handling / Warehouse
- Loads systems furniture orders onto truck and delivers and stages product at the customer’s site for installation.
- proper use of furniture pads for protection of product surfaces and proper protection of facilities including walls, elevators, floors
- Ability to load/unload panel carts, hand trucks, pallet jack and use forklift.
- Follows warehouse procedures
- Ability to lift, push or pull equipment/merchandise weighing between 70 pounds and 100 pounds
- Follows all safety procedures in the performance of job duties.
Vehicles / Driving
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections on the company vehicle prior to leaving from and returning to warehouse. Conducts regular oil checks and tire pressure
- Drive the trucks/vans in a safe, lawful and courteous manner.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficient to converse with the clients
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work fluctuating hours in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate with co-workers and problem solve
- Ability to communicate with Project Managers and Operations Managers with any issues that come up in the field.